A small, late 18th century house, set in its own gardens, situated on the corner of Chapel Street and Bridge Street, opposite the Albion public house.
This classical styled chapel was built by the English Baptist congregation in 1789. It was modified 1816-18 and extensively remodeled to take on its current appearance in 1881. In 1898 the congregation moved to a new site and the church was purchased by the Welsh Baptist congregation. The Welsh Baptists still use the building to this day.
This substantial property, built in 1808, was originally named Pen-y-bryn House. Originally, the property included substantial gardens, situated on both sides of Chapel Street. The gardens were built upon in the late 19th century and in 1897, the house became a doctor’s surgery, a purpose it continues to serve to this day, under the name of Plas-y-Bryn.