Originally known as Grosvenor Lodge, this building was designed by local architect J R Gummow in the Italianate style and built in 1869. Like all of the 19th century properties on Grosvenor Road, this building was originally a house. It was built for local politician and one time Mayor of Wrexham (1878-79) Isaac Shone.
In 1924 the house was bought from the executors of Shone's will by Wrexham Council. The council used the building, fiest as office space and then a health clinic, till the 1990s.
In 2001 a full restoration was carried out and it now forms a part of an attractive group of buildings dating back to Wrexham's 19th century expansion. Other buildings in this group include 2 Grosvenor Road, St Mary's Cathedral, Wrexham Museum and Wrexham Art College.
No 2, or Brynhyfryd as it was originally named, was the first house on Grosvenor Road to be completed, in 1868. It was, like its neighbour Grosvenor Lodge, designed by local architect JR Gummow.
Numbers 26 & 28 are good examples of substantial late 19th century semi-detatched houses. They were built between 1869 and 1872. The exterior survives in its original form and both properties are now in use as offices by GHP solicitors.