No 3 was built as a house in the 1860s, probably to the designs of JR Gummow, the architect responsible for several other houses in the area. Originally called Leeswood House, it was known as Plas Gwilym by 1910, and became offices in 1951. Today it houses Guy Walmsley & Co Chartered Accountants.
It is thought that this house, once known as ‘Romano’, was built in the 1880s to the designs of JR Gummow. The house became a nurses home for the nearby War Memorial Hospital in the 1940s. In the 1970s the house lost a large part of its grounds to a new road built to link the Rhosddu Road / Grosvenor Road junction with the Chester Road / Powell Road junction. In 1993 the building was extended to the rear and is now used as offices.
This house was built in 1881 and was originally named Ivy Grove. In 1898 its name was changed to Nythfa and the building is still used as a house today.
This house was built in 1873 and was designed by JR Gummow. It was originally named Albert Villa and became Fernbank after 1885 and is still in use as a house today.
This house, known as Epworth Lodge, was built in 1865 to the designs of JR Gummow, as the manse for Brynyffynon Wesleyan Church on Regent Street. It served this purpose till 1967 and the building is still in use as a house today.