The arcade was built in 1891 and links the Butcher’s Market with Hope Street. Its façade is of red brick with terracotta and the arcade has a glass roof. There were originally eighteen shops in the arcade but some were removed in the 1930s to provide a side entrance (now blocked) to the new Woolworths store (since rebuilt). The rest of the arcade's interior was refurbished at this time but there still remains much of the original 19th century structure and fittings.
Built in 1876 by John Gibson, architect for the National Provincial Bank, which was established on this site in 1849. It is of the Italianate style and constructed from yellow sandstone. The National Westminster (the successor to the National Provincial) moved out in the 1990s and the building now houses the Halifax Bank.
Purpose built in 1904-5 with the Talbot Hotel on the first and second floors and shops on the ground floor. The mock Tudor building replaced a timber framed inn, also called the Talbot. The hotel closed in 1966 but the name was carried over to a bar located in the basement. Today the shop is occupied by Boots Opticians (until recently, Dolland & Aitcheson). Numbers 1 – 3 Queen Street, seen on the right hand side, are a part of the same construction and are also grade II listed.
The Horse & Jockey is the only surviving thatched property left in Wrexham. Little is known about its history prior to the 20th century but it is certainly very old. Investigations of its structure suggest that originally it was a 16th century timber framed hall house, which was extended in the 17th century and subdivided. Subsequent to this, the building was heavily remodelled and the current structure is largely rendered brick with a few surviving pieces of timber framing.
The pub was merged from two premises; one being a private residence and the other a small beer house named the 'Colliers', though when this happened is uncertain. The Horse and Jockey was named after Fred Archer, a local champion jockey in the late 19th century. It is possible then that the pub opened around this time. It is important to note however that Palmer referred to the building as a cottage and made no mention of a pub in his A History of the Town of Wrexham, published in 1893.