King Street was laid out in 1828 and numbers 1-5, originally known as Wynnstay Place, are some of the buildings from that time. They were built as houses and had railed gardens to the front.
The buildings were converted for commercial use in the 1920s. At this time the gardens were removed
and the Regent Street elevation was altered, with the addition of the bow windows and the plasterwork. Prior to this the Regent Street elevation matched the style of King Street.
King Street was laid out in 1828 and numbers 55-67 are some of the original buildings from that time. The buildings were originally houses with railed gardens to the front. The gardens were removed in the 1920s when they were converted in to commercial use.
The church and schoolroom were built by the English Calvinistic Methodists to replace their premises on Hill Street (now the Grove Park Little Theatre). The schoolroom was occupied and the first service took place in late 1907, with the official opening in 1908.
The structure is built of Ruabon red brick with terracotta dressings and yellow sandstone. The styling is medieval perpendicular but the stained glass windows contain elements of art nouveau, a modern style very popular at the time. Trinity is a good example of an early 20th century church building.