The statue was commissioned by Wrexham Borough Council to commemorate the reign of Queen Victoria who had died in 1901. The sculptor was local artist Henry Price who had been educated at the Wrexham Art College before moving to London. He was commissioned by the Royal Military Academy at Woolwich (now Sandhurst) to produce a statue of Queen Victoria and the Wrexham statue, completed in 1904, is a copy of the original. Originally situated in front of the old Guildhall on Chester Street, where the TJ Hughes store until recently stood, it was moved to Bellevue Park in the 1960s.
The memorial to all the members of the Royal Welch Fusiliers who lost their lives in the First World War was unveiled in 1924. Since then it has become the memorial to all members of the RWF who have lost their lives in every conflict since 1914. This fine monument was designed and cast by noted Welsh sculptor Sir William Goscombe John. The figures are of an 18th century fusilier passing the regimental colours to his 20th century counterpart. The memorial was originally located on the corner of Regent Street and Grosvenor Road in front of no 1 Grosvenor Road. It was moved to its current quieter and more dignified location in the 1960s.
St Giles House was built between 1913 and 1915 to house the St Giles Boy's Home as a replacement for their premises on Chester Street. In the 1970s, the boy's home was closed and buildings were converted in to office use with some of it's gardens sold off for housing. Today, the building is divided in to flats.
Built in 1876, as a lodge to Acton Park. It is situated on the junction of Dean Road, Borras Road and Borras Park Road. The building is now a private residence.
The cemetary chapels, the lodge, the gates, gate piers and railings were built 1874-76 and are all grade II listed structures.
Cherry Hill was designed by Edgar Beresford in the Arts and Crafts style and built in 1936 for Charles Llewelyn Thomas. The house was requesitioned by the RAF in 1941 for use as officer's quarters. RAF Wrexham (Borras Airfield) was located close by. After the war, the house was returned to the Thomas family and they sold it to Denbighshire County Council in the 1960s for use as a children's home. Today the house survives in its original condition and is in use as a children's nursery.
This cast iron bridge with ashlar stone abutments carries Sontley Road over the River Clywedog. The inscription reads 'Thos Penson County Surveyor', R & W Jones Ruabon Foundry 1845'.
Built in about 1840, as a lodge to Stansty Lodge (also grade II listed). It is situated on the junction of Stansty Road and Lodge Road. The building is now a private residence.