The Old Library

The Old Library, Queen Street, Grade II

The library was built in 1907, with money donated by Scottish American businessman and philanthropist, Andrew Carnegie (of Carnegie Hall fame).  The building served as a library until the new one was opened in 1971. Since 1972 the building has housed council offices.

 

Print Print | Sitemap
© 2013