Poplar House was built sometime between 1817 and 1824. It was originally named Poplar Cottage and comprised two dwellings. The building lay empty for many years and by the 1980s the building was in poor condition and threatened with demolition. Fortunately, the building survived and was renovated to make what is one of the most attractive buildings in the area.
A good example of a mid-nineteenth century terrace, of three substantial Italianate style villas, constructed in the 1850s.
Bradbury House was built in 1867 in the Gothic style and today survives as a good, well preserved example of a Victorian villa. It seems likely that it was designed, and originally occupied, by JR Gummow, the architect of many of Wrexham's fine Victorian villas, many of which still survive. From 1881, it was occupied by William Sissons, the owner of the Cambrian Brewery. The Cambrian Brewery traded under the Sissons name for a while. Peter Sissons, the former BBC and ITN newsreader, is a descendant of this family. From 1958 to 1998 the building was occupied by a convent. Shortly after, the house was converted in to offices and its name was changed from Oteley House to Bradbury House. The charities Dynamic and Chariotts occupy the building today.